Saturday, December 25, 2010

pure awesomeness

Last night at the end of our cartoon marathon we watched Kung Fu Panda, a Dreamworks animation movie. There was one phrase that caught my attention, "pure awesomeness".

That got me thinking... maybe that is what we all are (or at least I am) trying to catch with our frantic Christmas preparations and gift-hunting... I can still remember some moments of pure awesomeness from my childhood Christmases and birthdays. There have been other moments too when all of a sudden all of the Universe seems for a moment to have lined up just to make me happy.

As I was reflecting on this, it seems to be like the horizon, you can always go towards it, but you never really get there, because it moves as you move... the perfect moment, the fullness of joy is so fleeting, and we would like to have more, so much more!

Maybe, just maybe, these vanishing moments of pure awesomeness are a signpost, but where are they pointing? And how will I read them?

One thing is sure, to try to hold on to them is like trying stop stars from falling, rivers from flowing, snow from melting in the spring. These moments come with the tag firmly attached to them saying, "this too will pass".

No comments:

Post a Comment