Wednesday, November 3, 2010

New Beginnings

It is strange of how small things new beginnings really consist of.

This morning I bought myself a new mug to celebrate the fact that I now have a new place to drink my tea/coffee while I sit and write, and as I sat down for the first time in front of my new desk, I found a welcome note written by the previous occupant of this space... and I was given new keys...

in themselves such small things, but yet they mark the very real new beginning!

I wonder why I like newness so much. I'e always liked things that grow, or are in their early stages (babies, trees, plants, cross stich designs, spices), maybe it is because I like the possibilities embedded in them, the "not-yetness" embedded in something that has just begun.

I think I buy spices for much the same reason: who knows what wonderful meals these spices will contribute to... and I love listening to small children: who knows what the world is like through their eyes... and I love watch plants grow, and relationships unfold...

So, here's to new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment